Thursday 11 December 2014

Book Advent Calendar Day 11: After the storm

Well, it wasn't quite a storm though we did receive 17 cm of snow officially (about 8 or so inches) all through the day and night yesterday.  Here are some photos (click on each to make them bigger) I took during my walk today.  I will let the photos speak for me about my thoughts for the day:  peace, and stillness, during this holy season. May you find the time to reflect on what means most to you as we approach the end of the year.

One good thing about being home is that I do have the time now to reflect, and I am becoming aware of how much I love silence, and solitude, in balance with all the noise and activity (and love!) that comes with being part of a family.  I need both solitude and to be part of my family.  I am grateful to have both.



3 comments:

Cath said...

I'm a solitude person too, Susan. Love being with Peter, the family and so on but I *really* need time alone every day to keep myself mentally healthy.

Beautifully restful pictures.

Susan said...

Cath: I'm glad you could see the peacefulness in those photos. I love them.

I like how you said it, 'you need time alone every day to keep yourself mentally healthy." I'd say now that this is what I'm learning about myself. I love my family, and I love time alone :-)

David James said...

Apna Showroom Baby's Woolen Vest Sweaters Combo Designe Attractive (Multicolour, 6-9 Months
Apna Showroom Baby Boy's and Baby Girl's Thermal Wear Warmer Set (Multicolour, 0-3 Months)
Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Clutcher for Women (Multicolour, Small) -Combo of 12 Pieceswith desent look
Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Clips Clutcher Combo (Multicolour)
Clutchers for hair women | hair clutcher for women - Apna Showroom with desent look
Apna Showroom Baby's Woolen Vest Sweaters Combo Designe Attractive (Multicolour, 6-9 Months)
Apna Showroom Baby Woolen Inner Sweaters (Multicolour, 6-12 Months) Combo - Attractive